If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Center for P-20 Safety and Security at 614-644-2641, or send us and email at Safer.Schools@education.ohio.gov
Safe and Supportive Learning Environments
This work is dedicated to the use of data to inform positive school climate activities and school safety planning in Ohio’s schools. Ohio has several policies that support safe learning environments, and the nonacademic needs of students and their family. The following are the list of policies and guidance that inform Ohio’s safe and supportive learning environment work.
- School Climate Guidelines
- Comprehensive System of Learning Supports
- Anti-Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying Policy
- Safety and Violence Prevention Curriculum
- School Safety Plans
From Policy to Practice
In partnership with other state agencies and organizations ODE’s Safe and Supportive Learning Environments work:
- Promotes the use of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports for creating a positive school climate,
- Supports parents and educators with the implementation of the Anti-Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying policy,
- Links schools with a community of services and supports ( i.e. mental health, substance use, health, juvenile justice, job and family services, and local law) to prevent or decrease discipline and increase class time,
- Provides resources to schools for promoting school safety through prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.