|Exercise Types||7 Steps to a Successful Emergency Management Test|
|How to Complete an EMT After-Action Report||Scenarios & Other Resources|
How to Complete an EMT After-Action Report: Step-by-Step Instructions
Schools are required to submit an EMT After-Action Report no later than 30 days of completing the exercise. The Ohio School Safety Center has put together a step-by-step, instructional guide to assist schools and districts with completing the after-action report in OH│ID / School Safety Plans application. If you are having difficulty accessing the School Safety Plans application, please reach out to your local OEDS administrator for assistance.
Prior to completing the after-action report, schools are encouraged to document the exercise using the EMT Data Collection Worksheet.
- Document exercise using the EMT Data Collection Worksheet.
- Log onto OH│ID and select the School Safety Plans application.
- Enter IRN and select “Add 20XX EMT” under the EMT column.
- Create a new EMT after-action report by selecting the “Add New Test” button.
- Transfer the information documented on the EMT Data Collection Worksheet into each section.
- Once all required parts have been completed, select the “Complete” button to finalize the after-action report.
For additional assistance, please contact the Ohio School Safety Center at OhioSchoolSafetyCenter@dps.ohio.gov or (614)644-2641.